Early Years Foundation Stage/Learning and Development
At Inwood Nursery we provide the children with a balanced coherent and flexible approach to care and learning, based on play and following the Principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Each child and their family are unique, with different needs and concerns. This ensures parents are confident that their child will receive a quality experience that supports their own individual development and learning.
We oppose discrimination and prejudice and welcome all families and children. We provide care and education for a wide range of children in environments that enable children to feel safe and supported and which extend their learning and development.
- A Unique Child – Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured
- Positive Relationships – Children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person
- Enabling Environments – The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning
- Learning and Development – Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are equally important and interconnected
Areas of Learning
The EYFS outlines that there are seven areas of learning and development which children learn by playing and exploring, being active, and through creative and critical thinking which takes place both indoors and outside. Children should mostly develop the three prime areas first. These are: Communication & Language, Physical Development, Personal, Social & Emotional Development.
These prime areas are the most essential for your child’s healthy development and future learning. As children grow, the prime areas will help them to develop skills in four specific areas. These are: Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World, Expressive Arts and Design.
At Inwood Nursery our core purpose of “building the foundations for children to learn and grow” is met by ensuring:
- Children learn through play
- A fun and friendly environment for all
- Personal service
- Nurturing secure relationships and attachments
- Children leave us “Ready for School”
Further information regarding EYFS can be found on www.foundationyears.org.uk